“If your dreams don’t scare you, they’re not big enough”
I don’t know who came up with this saying, but it sure resonates with me. It reminds me to always challenge myself to aim beyond what is safe and easy, both personally and professionally.
One of the ways we keep up this challenge at Reynolds Defense Firm is by striving to achieve our firm’s BHAG – our Big, Hairy, Audacious Goal (and no, I didn’t come up with the acronym – BHAG is an actual business term!). It can be hard to come up with a meaningful BHAG, and even harder to share it with others. With that said, I’m proud of RDF and where we are headed, and here is RDF’s BHAG:
- We believe that the way we practice law and the way we help people makes a real difference in our clients’ lives, and by improving our clients’ lives, we make a real difference in the lives of everyone our clients interact with.
- The more people we represent, the more lives we are able to impact, and the more accepted our way of doing things becomes in the criminal justice system.
- The tipping point to achieve mass-market acceptance of an idea is to control 15 to 18% of the market share.
- Right now, RDF represents about 5% of the privately-retained DUI clients in the tri-county area.
- We will grow to represent 15% of these clients by the year 2020.
- This is how we change the world.
So this is where RDF is headed, and now it is your turn – do you have a personal or professional Big, Hairy, Audacious Goal?